Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Looking for simple love

This year I am looking for simple love. I have been in love twice in my life. Both times I thought I had found my best friend and my soul mate. In the beginning it was fun and it was simple. But in the end it became complicated, stressful and heartbreaking. Love is hard work.

So now I am just looking for simple love. The kind that is made up of hugs, hand holding, laughter, growth and appreciation. My search continues for a man who is confident, trustworthy and knows what he wants in life. A man who loves me for me.

This trip home was particularly hard. It made me realize how precious life is and how the choices we make, big or small, influence not only ourselves, but everyone around us. My whole life I have been surrounded by people who battle(d) addictions: whether it be drugs, alcohol, money, success, food, gambling, work, etc. Watching them and the effects they have had on the people around them have shaped me into who I am today. I always hope that they will turn there lives around and some of them have. I am so proud of the ones who have because it is never too late.

I never realized how much this has affected me until today. I understand why I am so independent and strive for perfection. I try to be the opposite of the people I know who failed. They did drugs, I didn't. They got bad grades, I graduated top 5%. They gambled. I don't gamble at all today. You get the picture.

There was a time in my life when I put up a wall. I thought if I didn't let anyone get close to me, I couldn't get hurt again. I have a wonderful family and friends who have helped me through a lot. Thanks for your ears!

I know and I accept that I will never be perfect nor do I want to be. Now I simply laugh at all of my imperfections, laugh when I run out of gas (well, actually when my mom runs out of gas), just simply laugh because there is no reason to get stressed out about things that are out of my control. I take more chances. I am carefree. I am inspired to live my life to the fullest. I am more open and honest. I am me.

My heart is open again and I am ready to find simple love.

No comments: