Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

The blog storyline

According to Wikipedia, "A blog (a contraction of the term 'web log') is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. 'Blog' can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog."

I admit I originally started this blog because I was lazy. I was off to New Zealand and I wanted my close friends and family to be able to see what I was up to, but I didn't want to have to email everyone individually. So I started a blog. I had no clue that I would continue writing on it two years later.

The plot thickened, and this blog became so much more. The exposition: the beginning of the plot concerned with introducing the characters and setting. At the beginning it is all about my travels to New Zealand and work. Then the rising action occurs when I fly to Tasmania , Australia (the first time) to work harvest at Tamar Ridge.

The conflict: clash between two or more groups around which the plot evolves--occurs on Valentine's Day in Sydney, Australia when I find out Andries has been cheating on me. It isn't just that I was cheated on, it was that I chose love over accepting a perfect job in downtown Chicago. It was that I finally trusted someone and I was decieved. This was when I opened up to the world and showed another side. Someone I don't even know at all but who recently discovered this blog commented about how much more enjoyable it became after the conflict. I opened up and showed a side of me most people never knew. I guess he is right. I think this blog helps me get out things I would normally hold inside.

The climax: the high point of the story which features the most conflict and struggle and usually reveals any secrets or missing points to the story. Well, those of you who have read my blog know quite well what the climax is. Those of you who are reading it most recent to oldest do not and are in for a BIG surprise.

I can guarantee that this blog will be full of conflict, climax and falling action: the part of the story which shows the result of the climax and its effect on the characters, setting and proceeding events.

Someday there may be a resolution: series of events that follow the climax and thus serve as the conclusion of the story.

For now, just enjoy the story.

No comments: