Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fenarkle

Fenarkle. When you don't really have a plan and you don't know what to do, you fenarkle around (a.k.a. monkeying around).

Doing something and nothing all at the same time. Sounds like my life right now. Since my contract ended with WGGA, I have been searching for my next career opportunity in the wine or beer industry. Finding a job nowadays is quite a challenge. Being selfish and having chosen to live in Bend instead of a big city or wine country has limited my career opportunities to some degree, but I promised myself I would find a job opportunity that allows me a good work, life balance. Bend offers unlimited outdoor adventures, great beer and has a Midwest community feel.


Making a monkey face at Monkey Face rock with my monkey face hat


Working is important to me. I have been blessed with a career that I love and have had such wonderful opportunities around the world to learn new things and meet new people. I have accomplished a lot for someone my age. But I am not finished yet! There is still so much more I want to do and explore. So I am reaching out to old friends and using social media and other resources to uncover any opportunity that may be out there for me. I find it fitting on Inauguration Day to quote President Barack Obama,  "If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." 


Making progress in life at Smith Rock State Park (January 20, 2013)


You have three choices in life: Give up, give in, or give it all you’ve got. So here is to giving it all I've got. Sometimes not having a plan is the best plan of all.


Monkey Face rock at Smith Rock State Park

No comments: