Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013...No looking back

Over the past year I have had a major case of writer's block. According to Urban Dictionary, writer's block is "a period of time when a writer's mind is completely blank and drained of any kind of inspirational essence. They are unable to write. They start to bang their head against the basement wall." I never went as far as banging my head on the basement wall, but maybe that is only because there aren't any basements in Oregon.

Some of the finest writing professionals like author F. Scott Fitzgerald and pop culture cartoonist Charles M. Schulz also struggled with this condition. So I will look at this lack of creativity and writing as some sort of mini-sabbatical.

I did not make any New Year's resolutions for 2013. I believe one should always be trying to better oneself at all times. This year, there is no looking back. No regrets. Just forging ahead and going for it. I will not over analyze things. I will just trust my gut and go for it. Live life to the fullest. Less technology and more doing.

No looking back.

As the wise Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”


No comments: