Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hello suitcase

Packing my suitcase...it's time for another wine adventure to Wisconsin! You betcha. I really said Wisconsin.

I am going to spend the next year traveling around the state:
  • Analyzing the current state of vineyards in Wisconsin relative to acreage, varieties grown, quantities grown and grape quality.
  • Surveying wineries on Wisconsin grape purchases, bottles of accredited wines produced and retail value of those wines in 2010 and earlier.
  • Identifying vineyards with grapes for sale and connect those growers with interested grape buyers (wineries).
  • Developing and nurturing industry relationships that will advance the goals of this project i.e.with Wisconsin Restaurant Association and Wisconsin Grocers Association.
  • Implementing the WGGA Wisconsin Wine Accreditation Program.
  • And much more.
Many of you are probably wondering how this all came about. It all began on December 1st when my mother forwarded me an email from the WGGA. When I saw the Grape Marketing Coordinator position, I knew this was the job for me. A few interviews and then a major life changing decision, and I accepted the job offer last Friday. I am sad and happy at the same time.

I am off to Wisconsin and to the 2011 Wisconsin Grape Growers Annual Conference taking place on January 2-4, 2011 in Wisconsin Dells. No more long commutes (well not counting a few trips to Wisconsin and back), a quiet home office, doing what I love. This is an exciting time in my life, and I am happy to have been given this wonderful opportunity.

1 comment:

Mom said...

1st I suggested a guy from Iowa.
2nd I forwarded the job position.
3rd ?. Good things come in 3's, but I will give you a break and let the dust settle before I think about #3.
Love Mom