Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

Life is full of obstacles. Our road trip from Wisconsin to Oregon was a blast. Well, until we couldn't find a hotel and decided to get some shut eye at a truck stop. After moving all my stuff into my new apartment by ourselves (Yeah us!), winetasting and a trip to the Oregon coast was well deserved. Just like on the Oregon coast, there are going to be obstacles we face in life but we seem to always find a way to get through them.

Take it one step at a time. Remember that willpower is only controlled by one thing--your mind. Remember our "two" mile hike at Silver Falls State Park? You thought you wouldn't make it, but you did. Then when you made it you cried tears of joy because you had accomplished something  you never thought you could. I was so proud of you.

You are surrounded by family, friends and so much love. Although I live far, I am always close.

You are truly beautiful inside and out. Remember that. Enjoy each and every moment.

Tonight I raise a glass and toast to you.

Cancer I did not give you the right,
To invade my body and take a bite.
This is my body and with all my might,
I will prevail with one hell of a fight.
To the cancer inside, I will battle and kill.
For that is my body's God given will.
To my cancer, these words I do send.
Your life is short and near the end.
(For Lucy & all those fighting cancer)
J Joens, 10/13/05

You have taught me so much. I am thinking of you and wishing I could be there for your surgery tomorrow.

Love you so much.
Becky

1 comment: