Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

To Date or Not to Date...That is the Question

Single life is interesting. I am definitely more aware of my surroundings...that is the cute men. It has been a long time since I have even looked. What I have realized in a short time is not to judge a book or a guy by its/his cover. Sometimes a cute guy opens his mouth and he isn't cute anymore and sometimes the geeky, semi-cute guy ends up looking cuter after a long-depth conversation and a good laugh.

I haven't quite figured out whether or not I am ready to date again. I am kind of happy being single. I don't have to plan things for anyone but myself. Where will I meet my next boyfriend? I don't know. Let's take a look back at how I have met guys in the past.

(Fade out and cut in to me sitting on the Red Line Train in Chicago)

Mr. Red Line
I was on my way to work at a wine shop in downtown Chicago. I sat down next to a guy wearing a Cub's shirt and who was proudly holding a baseball. We struck up a conversation about the Cub's and he told me the story of how he caught this ball. We had a good laugh and he told me he was from Des Moines and he worked for a company that was just featured in the top 500 companies. My stop came and I got up to leave and so did he. I could tell he wanted to ask for my number but he never did. We proceeded to walk up the stairs and then said goodbye and went our separate ways.

All day I was super mad at myself for not having the guts to ask for his number. With just a few known facts including city, fortune 500 and name (Mr. Red Line), I was able to find him with a little tool called Google. I sent him an email and he responded. He said he couldn't believe that he didn't ask me for my number. Well, luckily I am a Google expert...right Dawn? We are still in contact to this day.

It is amazing to think back of how I have met some great guys. Some have turned into forever friendships and other just a good story.

Stay tuned for Mr. Construction Worker, Mr. Batting Cage, Mr. Florida & Mr. NHL.

No comments: