Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome to Australia and By the Way Un-Happy Valentine's Day

The wheels of the plane touched down in Sydney at 6:00 AM Valentine’s Day. Only one day later than planned. The original plan was for my boyfriend and me to meet in Sydney for a two-day vacation before flying together to Tasmania. Unfortunately his Visa hadn’t been approved yet, so I was alone in Sydney. This was the first Valentine’s Day I had been looking forward to in a long time. I had even bought a cute new dress outfit and a couple bottles of 2008 Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc (a wine we made last vintage in New Zealand together and one he had not yet tasted.). I caught my shuttle to Urban St. Leonard’s Hotel ready for a hot shower and a long nap.

The hotel had internet so I logged on to see if there was any news from home or my boyfriend. Well, after a little investigation, I found some interesting stuff leading me to believe that I was not the only woman in his life. Un-Happy Valentine’s Day to me! Could this possibly be happening? Did I give up an opportunity to move back to Chicago where I could be working at a decent job and living in a place of my own instead of out of a suitcase? No. He would never do this to me I thought. Boy was I wrong...Un-Happy Valentine's Day to me!

No comments: