Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Aloha?


“Attention passengers, due to a mechanical issue we will be landing in Honolulu. I never guessed I would be saying Aloha on this flight but welcome to Hawaii.” The flight attendant said. I guess you could say that I wasn’t the least bit surprised. During my travels, the one thing I have learned is to expect the unexpected. I had met a new friend, Melissa from Mexico, on the plane and her and I decided to make the best out of the situation. We would be shuttled to a hotel for the day where we would get our own room to shower and rest while they addressed the problem. It was 5:00 AM and our flight was rescheduled for 11:45 PM this evening. We also got a $15 food voucher. During our wait, we met another woman, Yvonne from Germany, and all three of us planned to check into our room, have a shower and a nap and meet in the lobby at 12:30 to go eat and explore the beaches.

One goal of mine is to visit all 50 United States. Hawaii was one I haven't been to yet and now I only have 10 to go: Alaska, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Vermont, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.


Let's just say having a layover in Hawaii was not all that bad. I got to explore Waikiki Beach, swing from a tree, check out the outdoor aquarium, get a little sun, put my feet in the water and meet some new friends.

No comments: