Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Never drink and eBay!

As some of you may know I love cowboy boots. About a month ago I was bored and started to search on eBay for cowboy boots. It had been years since I shopped on eBay. In fact, the last item I bought was a San Jose Sharks jacket when I lived in California. So I decided to bid on a few pairs of boots just for fun. I mean who loves a good deal. I set my bids low and crossed my fingers that no one else on cyber space would outbid me. There were a few pairs of boots that I really, really wanted. Over the next few days I just patiently waited for emails letting me know whether or not I had been outbid or if I had won a sweet pair of boots.

So I admit that during my eBay search I had enjoyed a few glasses of wine. Back to the story...In just one hours time I had bid on over 10 pairs of cowboy boots. One week later I received via email notification that I had won two pairs of boots and one of them I would receive by November 5th.This morning on our elevator ride down to the mailbox, I told Brent that I was expecting a package. I opened the mailbox and inside was a tiny white box. It was addressed to Becky Rochester and was from the eBay merchant. There must be some mistake I told Brent. There was no way a pair of size 8 women's cowboy boots could fit in this box! Maybe they were boot slippers?

I opened up the box and inside was (see below). I somehow missed the ruler on the left, the title of the eBay post ONE (1) ~AMERICAN COWBOY COLLECTION~ ~COWBOY BOOT~ NEW!, and the price being $3.32+shipping. Duh! Now I have myself a sweet little boot (singular) decoration and a good laugh.


Standing just 3 inches tall, this boot is not made for walking.
  













Boot smaller than a wine bottle. Don't drink and eBay!
 























This is the package I received in the mail.
Smaller than the Oregon Wine Press.
I knew something was wrong.


No comments: