Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Parking Lot Blogging & The Bite

This is my first official parking lot blog post. I cancelled my Internet a couple months ago so I wouldn't spend so much time online and working from home. Now look at me...I am sitting in the Starbucks parking lot at 8:00 PM at night (They are closed!) in my Xterra blogging away.
I wonder what people who pull up besides me think. Do I care? Not really. Back in the day when I was a Sales Rep for Bargetto Winery in the Midwest, I used to sit in parking lots and borrow WI-FI from Panera's all the time. It was convenient. That is what road warriors do.

This past weekend I spent in Portland at The Bite. The event was Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is truly a locals best of food, wine and beer event. This was the perfect off-site event for Willamette Valley Vineyards. Sarah and I unloaded the Sprinter van Thursday night. Man...Sprinter vans are hard to drive. I literally got us stuck in a parking lot downtown. It took a good 20 minutes and Sarah directing me to get out. I must say that Sarah has driving that thing down. One little boy even told his mom, "Wow. That girl drives that big truck!" I need a little more training before I drive that thing again. Right Sarah?

Thursday night Sarah and I did a 30 person educational winetasting event at Mercy Corps in downtown Portland. Mercy Corps. is a great company doing wonderful things, and the group who attended was fabulous. 

Friday morning we got up bright and early so we could organize and decorate our booth. Check out the booth picture of Sarah Kammerer and Steve Krug below. The weather was perfect. Thanks to all of the employees and volunteers who helped make this weekend a success!



Pictured above: The Bite from Morrison Bridge


Pictured above: Steve Krug and Sarah Kammerer


Pictured above: Becky Rochester stumbled upon the Portland Warehouse

No comments: