Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Enjoy the view


























Mountain biking in Sunriver was a blast! The views were unbelievable. The most amazing part was that I was able to bike for 4 hours on an intermediate trail filled with quite a few obstacles like trees, rocks, branches, chipmunks, other bikers and I didn't even hurt myself. There were a few close calls, but in the end all I ended up with is a sore butt from the bike seat. Not bad. Not bad at all. Brent's newest nickname for me is BABS (Bad Ass BootS). It must be the extreme sportswoman in me.

During my three fantastic days in Bend & Sunriver with Brent, we checked off two more breweries in the Brew-Ha Guide: 10 Barrel Brewing and Cascade Lakes. My new favorite beer is the 10 Barrel Brewing Apocalypse IPA. It is so good...especially after a 4 hour bike ride.

Life has been full of changes. I am moving to Eugene next week. Brent and I are renting a two bedroom place in the building he currently lives in now. Six months of living out of a suitcase from place to place was enough. I know what you are thinking. I should be used to living out of a suitcase, right? Yeah I still am, but there comes a time and a place when you just wish you had everything in one location.

I learned a lot this weekend:
1. Surround yourself with people who bring you happiness.
2. Challenge yourself to do things you think are impossible.
3. Remember to take time for yourself.
4. It is okay to be lazy once in awhile. Yes. Naps in the middle of the day are alright.

Pictured: View from bike trail looking over Deschutes River and the lava rock you can see Three Sisters snow capped mountains.

No comments: