Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dust off the suitcase, Madrid here I come!


Madrid, Iowa that is. Bet you were thinking Madrid, Spain right? Gottcha! My journey begins next Wednesday when I fly from Portland to Des Moines, Iowa. Thursday night I am a guest speaker at the Mid-American Wine Competition's 3rd Annual Sample the Best of the Midwest Wine Tasting benefit. Then the fun begins as over the next three days (Friday to Sunday) I get back in the cellar and apply everything that I have learned this semester from my Intro to Wine Science class at DMACC. It is off to Madrid (pronounced Mad-rid, not Mah-drid) to work in the cellar at Snus Hill Winery. Check out their website: http://www.snushillwinery.com/ .

Sunday night I journey across the Iowa border to Cheddarhead land also known as Wisconsin. A quick visit and dinner with my family and then off to sell lots of Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Gris, Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in Milwaukee, Madison and La Crosse. So if you know any Wisconsin restaurants, bars or retailers who would be a good fit for our wines, please let me know so I can setup an appointment with the wine buyer.

Looking forward to my trip and I am sure I will have lots of good stories and pictures to post.

No comments: