Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Opposite sides of the table

Monday night and I, Becky Rochester, was on the other side of the table! You probably are wondering what I am talking about. Well, those of you in the wine industry may know but those of you who are not probably will never understand. I spend a majority of my time pouring wine rather than drinking wine.

Take for instance the Newport Seafood and Wine Festival this weekend. I didn't taste one single wine all weekend long. There were over 80+ wineries at the event. Instead I poured wine and made sure that everyone who visited Willamette Valley Vineyards booth had a good time. How could they not? We had great wine, good entertainment, cowboy hats, handkerchiefs and mustaches.

Tonight I went to the Wine Party! 2010 at Doug Fir in Portland. The room was packed with people. Some were actually interested in the wineries and wines and others were there just to drink. Which one was I? Come on! My boss reads this blog. I was the person in the room with my notebook and hundreds of questions. Probably not the place to ask questions and spit wine, but honestly I didn't care.

Becky's Top 5 Washington Wineries (in no particular order):

1. Goramn Winery
2. Efeste
3. Sparkman
4. Gifford Hirlinger
5. Dunham Cellars

I am excited to roadtrip to Washington and do some serious exploration and education about Washington wines. Are you ready Chelsea and Dawn?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading this Blog - Shopkeep

Becky Rochester said...

Hi Shopkeep. Thanks for reading and I hope I keep you laughing.