Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A three month match.com lesson

My three month membership on match.com has officially come to an end. So I am sure you all are wondering if I have met my perfect match? I don't have the answer to that question quite yet.

Online dating. Who does that, right? Well besides me, it seems like a majority of the people who are online are 25-35 years old, work too much or are new to the area and are looking for a new way to meet people. The whole experience was eye opening, and I have some good stories that will probably never make it to this blog, but some of you may have been fortunate to hear.

Below I posted snippets from three match.com emails I received over the past three months (there were some even better ones, but I deleted them).

1. "Girl who loves IPAs, country music, and working out. Yeah, we're pretty much perfect for each other and should probably hang out."

2. "I have a question for you...I initially got an email saying that you were interested in me so I read your profile. I thought we had a lot in common so I emailed you but you never wrote back. Why is that?"

3. "hi there, well I live out in battle ground wa on 2 parklike acres in a nice cape cod home right next to town, I like living in the Country right next to town, do ya like country living?"


"Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Elizabeth Browning

No comments: