Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Heaps of Fun

This week my friends, Leah and Nathan, who I worked with in New Zealand and Australia stopped on by for a visit. They have been traveling around the USA in their super sweet Chevy propane van for the past few months. Portland was one of their last stops before continuing onto Canada where they wil be working harvest before returning to Australia in November. It was nice to see them and spend some time at Somewhere Else Tavern, playing Photo Hunt (X Rated) and watching funny game show mishaps on You Tube.

Cheers to all my friends world wide. The wine industry is such a small world. For instance, today while winetasting, I met a guy from Australia who knew Gus from Oyster Bay. There were no last names needed because we knew it was the same Gus. I am excited for harvest to begin and am a little bit jealous I will not be wearing my gumboots this year.

No comments: