Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Friday Night CATnip 5K

Last night I ran in the CATnip 5K race in Sherwood. It was a fundraiser for CAT rescue and adoption. It was nice to run with a group of people. It is amazing how much faster I run when it comes down to a competition. Approximate unofficial time 22:40 (not a PR but acceptable). The creepy old guy (40-50 years old) who asked me out at the last race was there. He had the nerve to come up and ask me out again. He said he tried to call and left me a message. DUH! I didn't get a message because he had the wrong number and even so, wouldn't you think that if I didn't call back I wasn't interested? I ignored him and then when he walked away, I ran to my truck and got the heck out of there.

Training for the Portland Marathon has been hard for a few reasons: I really don't have a place to run like I did in Chicago. I have to drive 35 minutes to get to Forest Park in Portland and adding an extra hour of driving time a day just isn't possible. So I have been running at my gym on the treadmill...boring! Secondly, with the recent breakup from Mr. Wrong, I haven't been eating the healthiest or sleeping. I have made a promise to get back on track starting tomorrow. So at this point, I have decided to delay my marathon quest until next year. Right now I need to to get myself healthy and strong both physically and mentally again.

Pictures of the race coming soon.

Link to race website: http://catnipfriday5k.org/catnip/

No comments: