Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to A Semi-Normal Life



It is amazing how fast 8 hours goes after working 12 hour shifts. Last night was my first night of working 8 hours. My new schedule is from 10:45 PM to 7:00 AM. Before I knew it, it was time to go home. I am still scheduled to work 6 or 7 days a week, but now I have some spare time to enjoy or at the current time just sleep.
I have applied for and received approval for a working holiday visa in Australia. I am thinking of moving there next and working there for six months to a year. Last week I had a couple interviews. One was in Chicago and one was in Iowa. I am really not sure where I will end up in the end. I am just taking it day-by-day.

This Saturday is the year end vintage party. P-A-R-T-Y!!! There are 850 people who are going to attend from all the different wineries in Marlborough. I cannot wait.

Other than that, I have started to run again. I have signed up for the Chicago Marathon in October. So now is time to begin my training. I forgot how wonderful it feels to run--the scenery around here is quite magical. The vines are turning fall colors, there is snow in the mountains in the distance and the air is crisp. It is choice!

Up above is a picture of me working hard topping some tanks. I was so into my work that I didn't notice Nathan sneak up behind me. Of course his sidekick, Manual, was there to document it with a picture. When I got up to turn the pump off and move the lines, I was surprised to find Nathan behind me on a bucket. It was a nice laugh! Well, off to work I go.

Cheers, Becky

No comments: