Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Diggin It in New Zealand



Last night at work was super fun! Three of us woman dug out a tank of Pinot Noir. The best part was that it was nice and warm inside the tank. Other than that, it has been slow the past couple of nights. The grapes have finished coming in and the work has slowed down. It has been almost 2 months of working harvest at Delegat's. Overall, I have enjoyed the experience even though I complain a lot. But I really I think that in the end I will look back and appreciate that I stuck with it and finished the harvest.





I am not sure what is in store for me next...I am debating doing a vintage in California this fall--Yes, I know I just moved back from there, but it is a temporary thing. Don't worry Nikki, Javier will come with me this time. I have applied for a couple harvest positions making sparkling wine. Keep your fingers crossed!

I have two days off next week!!! I cannot wait. I am a complete mess...my eyebrows need to be plucked, my legs shaved and I could use a haircut and color as well. I am looking forward to the days when I work 9-5 again. This is fun, but I am a socializer and am lacking socialization. Check out the piture of Gabby and Me inside the Pinot Noir tank. The cap was about 3 feet high. It is kind of like shoveling very packed snow. There is a quick video of me as well below.

Cheers,



Becky

No comments: