Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Day/Night Off!

I had the night off last night, and it was wonderful. I went shopping, out for dinner and then to a movie--Desperately, Maybe. Then I went to sleep at 2:00 AM and woke up at 3:30 PM today. It is sunny and we are going to BBQ before boarding the bus and heading back to work. There is a rumor that we only have 2 more weeks of 12 hour shifts. Then I think they cut us back to 8 hours shifts with a day off every two weeks.

I am searching for a job in the wine industry back in the United States. I am most interested in working a harvest at a winery in the Midwest and then it is back to Chicago.

During harvest, the winery has experienced its fair share of mishaps. I took a video of a 160,000 liter tank overflowing during the fermentation process. This is the tenth or so tank that has done this. There are a few factors that contribute to this: overfilling and not leaving enough head space, too much Superfood or temperature fluctuations. Last week we lost power in the whole winery for about 2 hours and all the agitators shutoff. Anyways...check out the video.

Cheers!
Becky

No comments: