Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Traded My High Heels for Rubber Boots


It is Sunday, March 30, 2008. I just got home from another 12 hour shift at Delegat's Oyster Bay. I am enjoying a glass...well a couple glasses...of 2006 Jacob's Creek Grenache Shiraz that I purchased at Supervalue this morning at 7:30 AM.



It has been a rough week of work. I have cuts and bruises from lugging all the hoses and machinery around and my feet hurt. Oh how I miss my high heels. My high heels are far more comfortable than the rubber steel toed boots that I am required to wear. I have an Oyster Bay uniform that I wear to work. I was given two shirts and one pair of pants so I do laundry every day. The shirts are denim long sleeve collared shirts and the pants are navy.


The harvest is still slow here. The grapes haven't quite matured and ripened yet, and it has been raining the past two days so things are on hold. It makes for some very long nights. Last night I was busy. I started work at 7 PM and was assigned a COW--Cellar Operation Work Sheet to do an addition via a dripper to a stainless steel tank. Well, a dripper basically drips, drips, drips liquid into the tank and I had to add over 40 Liters of stuff to drip into the tank! So I sat up there and watched it drip and read my Shape magazine that my mom sent me in my goody package. This was how I spent my first hour of work. Then I had to setup some pumps and mix up some additions to add to two more tanks. Setup and watch. Setup and watch. That was my night.


I posted some pictures from when I went hiking, or tramping as they refer to it here, on the Queen Charlotte Track around the Marlborough Sounds.

No comments: