Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Check out VINOCENTS blog by Julia Timakhovich

Julia Timakhovich stumbled upon my blog and decided to partake in her own New Zealand adventure. Follow her adventures at http://vinocents.com/.

ABOUT JULIA:

Hi, Julia here. I am a wine lover, writer, former cube dweller, current vintage worker, and many other things at once. I’m restless for wine-related adventures and anything that involves travel.

In 2009, I left a long-term stint in cubicle land to work in the wine industry full-time. Since then, I’ve worked in two wine stores as a sales/marketing persona, manager and wine buyer. Then I went to Oregon and got intrigued with working the wine harvest. With a little bit of luck and a lot of effort, I got a gig to work the crush in New Zealand. I’m currently working as Vintage Cellar Hand at Drylands Winery in Marlborough.

My philosophy on life is that it should be an adventure. It’s just too boring without risks and stimulation. Wine, food and travel let me explore and learn about people, cultures and the world through very physical sensations, and I don’t want it to stop, ever.

Cheers.

No comments: