Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boots or wine?

While packing for my trip to the Midwest, I had to seriously consider my options for my 50 pound suitcase. I could either pack an extra pair of boots or a bottle of Oregon wine. Boots or wine? Wine or boots?

The wine won. When I got to the airport I weighed my suitcase...46.3 pounds. Damn! I could have packed another bottle of wine. Korinne and Mary are going to be so disappointed. Hey, I tried.

I am excited to spend some time with my girlfriends in the big city. Work during day, play during night. I have a few new restaurants to check out and of course I am looking forward to St. Patty's day Chicago style.

Then it is off to Wisconsin to visit wineries and vineyards throughout the state, attend the Wisconsin Grape Growers Association Spring Vineyard School 2011 at Wollersheim Winery, followed by more visits to wineries and vineyards in Green Bay and Door County and lastly a road trip with my mother to the Drink Local Wine event in St. Louis.

Next trip the weather will be warmer which means I will only need to pack one pair of boots. You know what that means? More room for wine.

No comments: