Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Who reads this?

Sometimes I wonder, who actually reads this blog, but according to Google Analytics a lot of people do. My first blog post was on 1/17/2008. I was just getting ready to move to New Zealand and start the wine adventure of a life time. Who knew that this would forever change my life.

I packed two suitcases because that is all I was allowed. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. I quit my job and had little to no money in savings. I was only going to get paid $12 NZ dollars to do some intense, manual labor, and I was moving into a house with eight strangers. It was like Real World Cellar Rats.

I can still remember the first day I moved into the house. I arrived at the house and moved my stuff into the room where the only other female was bunking. The others were at work at Delegat's Oyster Bay, and since I was jet lagged I decided to take a nap. I awoke when I heard the door open and people enter the house. I quickly jumped out of bed and walked down the stairs.

Hello housemates! Turns out, I got to live with some of the coolest people in the world. Two South Africans, three Germans, one Quebec Canadian and one of my dearest friends to this day, one Austrian and one Canadian Chris Canada. I learned a lot that first vintage. A lot about what I was capable of, who I was and the fact that life is too short to take it seriously. The adventure didn't stop there. It was kind of like one BIG roller coaster ride. And that ride continues today.

No comments: