Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"If not now, then when?" philosophy of life

I recently received an inspiring email from a woman named Julia in Boston, Massachusetts. Julia Googled "wine my way around the world" and wouldn't you know that my blog, "I was born with a suitcase in my hand..." appeared at the top of the search list. Don't believe me? Google it. I did. How cool is that? Google I heart you.

Julia is restless for adventures and travel, and her philosophy of "if not now, then when?" is right on. Julia I say go for it. What do you have to lose? Apply for your working holiday visa, board a flight to New Zealand and enjoy. I miss a good Sauvignon Blanc. Maybe you can sneak me a couple bottles back?


This email could not have come at a better time. Instead of thinking about doing something, I am just going to do it because "if not now, then when?" No second thoughts. No regrets. Leap forward and take a chance. Life as you know it will still be here waiting if things don't work out, but most likely you will open up doors that you never knew existed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, you never cease to amaze me. Your attitude and philosophy about life is contagious. I love you. Mom

Julia Timakhovich said...

Hey Becky, this is Julia! Thanks for quoting me, just found this post showing your blog to my friend. I've applied to a few postings yesterday, Delegat's wine estate being one of them. Fingers crossed for a response. I'm so ready to leave, it's not even funny. Thanks for the inspiration.