Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Do I have to or do I get to?

A few weeks ago, someone I know brought up a very interesting point. He was talking about someone he had interviewed and how the candidate had mentioned several times that they had to do things instead of get to do things. It was something that really stuck in my mind.

For example:

Do I have to commute two hours a day or do I get to commute two hours a day?
I get to commute two hours each day because I have a cool, rewarding job at a winery.

Do I have to go for a run or do I get to go for a run?
I get to go for a run because I am healthy enough to do so and it is a great stress reliever.

Do I have to make dinner or do I get to make dinner?
I get to make dinner and enjoy delicious food and conversation with my boyfriend.

You get the point. So the next time you feel like you have to do something, take an extra minute to think about why you get to do it and all the joy that comes with it. It will put things back in perspective.

No comments: