Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Where I come from (Wisconsin)

Brent and I took a trip back to the Midwest. One whole week of vacation. Our adventures started in Des Moines, Iowa to meet his family (the whole extended family showed up) followed by a roadtrip to Wisconsin to see my family and then back to Des Moines, Iowa to end our trip.

The trip to Wisconsin was delightful because where I come from we don't get cell phone service, we ride tractors and gators around, we gift pistols instead of diamonds for 25th wedding anniversaries, relatives live close (grandpa with us and grandma next door) and we end the night with a bottle or two of wine while watching the sunset over the valley.

Yep. My family is something else. For entertainment we passed my mother's camera around the table and took self portraits. See below for a few examples.

Aunt Jen (She started it.)

Grandma Lee

Nikki and Nick

No comments: