Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Celebrate the small things

On my way home from Trader Joe's (my favorite grocery store ever...see celebrating the small things), I noticed that my XTERRA, who I named Hops, was very close to hitting 145,000 miles. I knew this called for a celebration. As I turned the corner onto my street my odometer hit 144,997 miles. YIPPY! I pulled into the parking lot and headed to my parking spot. As I pulled into my parking spot the odometer hit...144,999.8. No!

So picture this. I back up Hops and pull forward, I back up Hops and pull forward. 144,999.8! I come to the conclusion that the odometer must really reverse when you back up. So I reverse out of my spot, drive around the little island and go to pull back into my spot. The odometer reads 144,999.9. Just short! I reverse and pull forward.

So a quick recap: I have parked, reversed and pulled forward, reversed and pulled forward, reversed and drove around and then parked and reversed and pulled forward. There are lots of people outside, and I am thinking I must look like a crazy person. But just for fun, I back up and pull back in. How am I going to celebrate if I don't actually hit 145,000? Well, it still didn't hit 145,000, so I give up. I am leaving this celebration for the morning.

Stop and celebrate the small things. Even if you fail, it can still be fun. Tonight I celebrate the small things: living in an apartment on my own, having a job, being able to run again, drinking a Ninkasi Spring Reign, planting Sauvignon Blanc with my co-workers and eating Tillamook Peanut Butter ice cream with Brent.
Celebrating a dream come true...planting Tualatin Estate Sauvignon Blanc
and making new lifetime friends and unforgettable memories.

No comments: