Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Very "Hoppy" Weekend on the Coast

A little work and a little play makes the weekend fly away. I had a very "hoppy" weekend with Gavin in Cannon Beach. Friday and Saturday night I poured wine for guests of Tolavana Inn in Cannon Beach, Oregon. I love doing events! It is my opportunity to get people excited about wine and to educate them. I had the best time and it allowed me to become more familiar with WVV wines and how people respond to them.

The rest of the weekend I spent eating my first cup of Mo's famous clam chowder; drinking Duck Dive IPA and Rudy Red from Bill's Tavern & Brewhouse; hiking, playing rock and stick baseball and riding the make believe bull in Ecola State Park; late night strolls on the beach; enjoying delicious last minute Thai food that cost as much as the corkage was going to be at another local restaurant; another brewery visit and lunch in Pacific City at Pelican Pub and Brewery and ending the weekend with winetasting at Ponzi Wine Bar. Oh yeah and I almost forgot the part where I kicked Gavin's butt at cards.

After a lot of creative thinking, I have finally named my Xterra. It's full name is "Hoppy the White Rabbit" "Hops" for short (yes after beer making). Long story. But the name fits!

It's back to work tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: