Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for a lot of things, but I am most thankful for my memories.

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. -From the television show The Wonder Years

I don't own a lot of things, but I own my memories. They are funny, they are sad and they are unique to me. There are so many different types of memories: childhood, college, family, friends and traveling to name a few.

Recently my mother had a get together with my aunts, uncles and grandma. The purpose of the get together was to share memories that they had with my grandma. From what I heard the day was filled with pictures, slide shows and stories. So you see, memories play an important part of how we live our lives. They shape who we are and what we become.

I am thankful for each and every opportunity I have had. The memories I have created thus far are amazing. I am lucky.

What are you thankful for? Having a job, a family, a house over your head, pumpkin pie, health? I know I am thankful for having such an understanding and most definitely one-of-a-kind family. I am thankful for being in Oregon and for having a job. I am thankful for all the HUGS I received earlier this year. I am looking forward to creating Oregonian memories.

Tomorrow at 9 AM I am running the Give N Gobble 10K Race in Sherwood. I am looking forward to a day off of work, good food and good weather (please don't rain).

Gobble! Gobble!

Becky

1 comment:

Mom said...

I treasure the memories of times with you, the road trips we've had, 6 mile hikes,your visits home,ringlets on a little girl (who now works very hard to have the straightest hair)and all the past with you. I love you. Mom