Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dear Mom


Dear Mom,

Thanks for coming out to visit me. It was great experiencing the carts in Portland with you, eating at my favorite restaurant Press in Dundee over a bottle of Oregon Sauvignon Blanc, hiking 6 miles at Silver Falls State Park and showing you where I work.

For some reason, it was really hard this time to say goodbye at the airport. I know how much you miss me, and I know you hope I meet a good Midwestern man and I move back home. Trust me, it is just as hard for me to live far away from my family and close friends. I miss birthdays, weddings, holidays and I miss seeing all my beautiful niece and nephews growing up.

I don't know what the future will bring or where I may end up next. You know me...always looking for something new and exciting. What I do know is that I love you. Thank you for always being there when the world crashes around me. One of these days, my luck will change and I know I will look back at all of this and thank my lucky stars. For now, I just take it one day at a time. I enjoy each day and look forward to what it brings, the good, the bad and the just okay.
As Jim said today, "We can only control one thing: our attitude." Wise words to live by.

Love your daughter,
Becky

No comments: