Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You Better BEElieve It!


Can you guess which foot I was stung on? I was on mile 1.25 when I felt something drop into the tongue of my shoe. All of a sudden I felt a burning pain and knew that I had been stung. The bumble bee was trapped between the tongue of my shoe and my leg and was stinging me like crazy! I flicked him out and fell to the ground. Son a of BEEtch. My ankle hurt! I pulled out a few pieces of the stinger and got up to finish the rest of my 14 mile run. It was a good run and the pain from the sting disappeared. It wasn't until the following day that the swelling, burning and itchiness occurred. I rubbed anti-itch cream on and iced and it kept getting worse. So I finally gave in and went to the Salem Urgent Care.

My doctor entered the room buzzing like a bee. I liked him from the beginning. Took one look, said oh my! And prescribed me a steriod pill and another diuretic pill to reduce the swelling. So Week #8 of my Portland Marathon Training is on hold. 30 miles to log this week by Sunday and I am at 0! Hopefully tomorrow it will be better and I can get back on track.

BEE careful!
BEEcky

No comments: