Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


Happy Birthday to me! I turned 29 on the Fourth of July. What did I do? I spent the morning on a peaceful 12 mile run in Forest Park in Portland. What an amazing place to run! I have found my runners paradise here. In the evening, I met my friend Dawn at Press Wine Bar where we had dinner before we headed to the St. Paul Rodeo. We watched bull riding, roping and hot cowboys on horses. It was great. My only complaint was the lack of nice wine/beer.Coors Light was the official sponsor and therefore the only beer served. I woke up the next morning with a nice Coors Light headache!

Looking back on past birthdays:

28: Australia Balloon Popping. I was in Tawonga South, Victoria Australia. Nathan, my roommate, blew up tons of balloons and put them in the hallway. It was hilarious. We had cake and celebrated with sparklers and by popping balloons.

27: Minnesota Demolition Derby. This was a low-key birthday I spent at a demolition derby in a small town in Minnesota. I watched the fireworks from Joey's car because it was raining.

I think back to all the things I thought I would have accomplished by now. I thought I would be married, have a couple kids and own my own business. I have not accomplished any of these things, but I have accomplished more than I ever imagined.

I am excited to turn 30 next year! I plan on spending my 30th birthday climbing Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa. Training for the climb will begin after the Portland Marathon in October. Anyone who cares to join, let me know.

No comments: