Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Look Around

Tonight I took a look around my new apartment. It's interesting to think back of where and when I acquired certain things. I have some of the most random knick knacks and decorations. But the great thing is, that each one of them represent special memories, special people and special times in my life.

Here's the top five most random items in my house:
1. A homemade sock monkey: My mother made this for me for Christmas one year and it has traveled with me ever since. It reminds me of family and home.
2. A Rubik's cube: Somebody special gave this to me and opened my eyes to believe that someday I could and would fall in love again.
3. A three legged pig: It is supposed to bring good luck and was sent to me by a friend while she was living in Japan. This friend was a major part of my college life.
4. Big Sur Half Marathon Bib and framed picture: This was my first half marathon that I ran. I am even smiling in the picture. I cannot say the same for Jon, my ex who was a real trooper to even take the initiative to run it with me. This was how I got addicted to running races. The best feeling in the world is crossing the finish line.
5. A pair of pink high heeled shoes that are actually a wine bottle opener and a beer opener: A recent gift from my Aunt Lisa, but one that shows people really are reading my blog. One of my posts "I Traded my High Heels for Rubber Boots" talks about how I gave up my office attire and high heels for rubber boots and less appealing work clothes. I appreciate that people are supportive of my dreams.

So take a look around. What special memories are surrounding you?

No comments: