Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

When I grow up I want to be employed

So the interview at a local brewery went great, but I did not get the job. Who thought transitioning out of the wine industry would be so hard. People who know me, know that I am one of the hardest workers out there. I am usually the first one to work and the last to leave. I love to work.

As I tossed and turned in my sleep last night, I thought back to when I was a child. In elementary school, everyone always asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I always imagined myself as a National Geographic Photographer or a Marine Biologist. Later in life I saw myself as a famous fashion designer, but one semester at Philadelphia University changed my mind quickly about that. Now if someone asked me, I would answer plain and simple--employed (full-time)!

Not quite sure where to go from here. I have even applied at Starbucks for a part-time job, while I continue to search for a full-time career in the beer industry. Guess what? They haven't called. Shocker. I know.
So the search continues. For now, I will try to enjoy my 10 hour work weeks and the freedom it allows me. That means watching the Ellen DeGeneres Show every day, taking Maggie on a couple of walks, afternoon naps, working out at the gym and whatever hobbies I find for the week.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Becky, you have worked so hard for so long. Now is the time to learn how to use your free time to relax and improve this earth. You will figure it out, you always do. I am always here for you.
Love Mom