Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

I am only as strong as my weakest leg

Today I learned that although I may be able to push pumps that are heavier than me around a winery, run countless miles, and lift a decent amount of weight at the gym, I am only as strong as my weakest leg. That would be my left one.

Welcome back to the world of yoga and pilates. The last time I did either of these two classes seriously was during college. We used to go every Wednesday night before 10 cent wings and 25 cents beers at Brother's. I remember the first class--my legs were wobbly, and I could barely touch my toes. Fast forward six months later and I was a human pretzel.

Today I took a yoga pilates class (a blend of the two) at the gym and was reminded how out of shape I really am. My flexibility is so so, but I can barely balance on one leg. There are ropes and blocks and all these fancy gadgets now too. I made it through and am looking forward to my next attempt. Now I know how one of my close friends felt at her first yoga class. She even kung-fu kicked someone in the head behind her.

No comments: